How to pack for a temporary move
Moving out of your house is not always permanently. There would be times that moving out of your home is just temporary and you would soon be back in your real home. The reasons can be a job opportunity, temporary move while your new home is not yet ready, or maybe just a long term vacation. The length of stay in your provisional home may last from several days to a few months or even years, so you must be prepared on everything, from the things you would be taking with you, up to the stuff you would leave behind.
If you are soon moving to your temporary house and do not have the idea on how and what to pack, consider reading the tips below:
1. Organize Your Stuff to Simplify Packing – Sort out your things and take only what you really need. Choose only the items which you would carry with you. Most of the times, you would need items such as:
•Kitchen items – you can bring small kitchen appliances and utensils that you can use while you stay in your temporary house. This will help you prepare and cook food, giving you the option to cook for yourself instead of take out foods.
•Toiletries – toiletries such as bath soap, shampoo, tissues, toothpaste and others are essential to keep yourself fresh and clean and ready to go where ever you need to.
•Electronics – your electronics and gadgets that you will use for your leisure or work.
•Personal Documents – such as passports and other identification that you need, either for work or personal reasons.
•Travelling cash and/or travelers’ checks – of course, who would not bring money while travelling?
•Any medications – there are chances that you may not be able to buy medicines and medications on your new place, that is why you should always have your medications with you.
•Clothing – the clothes you would take with you depends on the new location’s weather, season and use. If you are moving because of work, you would need to bring office suits with you. If you are going to an extended vacation in a summer time, you may consider a nice swimming and summer outfit.
•Furniture – Depending on what your temporary housing is, you may need or do not need to bring in furniture with you. If your temporary housing is fully furnished, you do not need to bring heavy furniture.
2. Find someone who could take care of your home for you – you may want to find a temporary tenant for your home, or maybe ask a friend or relative to stay in your place while you are away. In that case, you do not have to worry that you will leave your home for a period of time.
3. Find a temporary housing where you will stay. From there, you would have an idea what you need to bring with you, and you can start finalizing the list of stuff that you would carry with you.
4. Once you have a final list of what you would bring with you, make sure that you keep that list so it would be easy for you to get and pack what you brought with you when you need to go home. That will allow you to take what you have brought and not leave any stuff in your temporary residence.
5. Contact and inform your subscription company that you need to forward or even cancel your subscription. That way, you do not need to worry about missing an important mail as they would be forwarded to your new and temporary locations. You may also need to inform your financial institution or banks about the changes on your residence. This will make it easy for you to access your financials easily.
6. Take care of the items and belongings that you will leave behind. These can be some important items that you cannot carry with you and you do not want to leave them in your home thinking that they would not be taken care of. You can hire a storage company to pack, pick up and store your stuff in a secured location, leaving you at peace knowing that your things will be safe. Important items such as jewelries, heirlooms and others can be stored over a bank’s vault.
On the other hand, there are various storage company that you can choose from if you need a place to keep your other stuff; but if you really think that your things should be taken cared of properly, you should choose the best storage company in your area. You can also make research and find the best deals that you can take advantage of.
If you are located in Reno and Las Vegas, you do not have to worry. Puliz Moving and Storage has over 130,000 sq fleet of clean, well managed warehouse facility space. It is fully fenced gated facilities that provide modern security and protection. All of our storage facilities are alarmed and fire protected. We also regularly perform pest control.
In addition to that, our state of the-art storage provides moisture proof storage and crush proof prevention. Crush proof prevention allows your over-stuffed furniture to remain that way. Once you are ready to retrieve it from our storage facilities it will be as fluffy as it was when it went in. With our moisture proof storage your items are protected from the elements preventing damage to your valuables.
With Puliz, your temporary move will be hassle free and easy. We will do the best that we can to satisfy you like the customers who have been with us for over 30 years. We will take care of your things like we own them so you do not need to worry. If you need our storage service, all you have to do is get your phone and dial our number today.